Tuesday 24 June 2014

Pear Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Scalloped Potatoes



As I mentioned in yesterday's posting, my scalloped potatoes were all ready for topping with cheese and reheating for tonight's dinner. I chose parmesan, a nice sharp flavour.








For the pork tenderloin I had a pear that had been dropped and was bruised, as well as some maple butter (from my husband's last almond smoking event - these are very yummy, and so addictive, one is never enough!) in the fridge. These would make a perfect stuffing for the pork.






I minced a shallot and cooked it to soften in some of the maple butter, then added the diced pear and some fresh thyme. Done!














After cooling, it went into the pork tenderloin that had been partially butterflied. I melted the remaining maple butter and browned the bottom of the pork, then put it into a 350F oven alongside the potatoes, to cook through (160F is a good inside temperature for pork).













This was served with some roasted carrots, which were placed in a foil package to bake along with some fresh thyme, salt, pepper and the juice of 1 orange.





For dessert, a slice of chocolate cherry bundt cake, not really using anything up, but since there were  fresh cherries in the house....it is my husband's favourite!


1 comment: